Sunday, May 31, 2009

Questions

Cheney et al lied about everything for eight years. Why should we believe that they only waterboarded three people?

I'm curious about all those who say that we should not close Guantanamo? What was going going happen to the people there who couldn't be tried? Were they going to be kept there until they died-withouth any sort of trial (military or civilian?) Or would a scene from "Shawshank Redemption" and have the guards shoot them and say they were trying to escape?

Speaking of Gitmo prisoners...in the comments of the people who refute the NIMBY (Not In My Backyard) arguments, it is said that there are many terrorists already in our supermax prisons. So, how come we've never heard of this? Who are these terrorists, and when were they tried?

If "enhanced interrogation techniques" prevented specific, provable terrorist incidents, why wasn't that advertised? It seems to me that all we would need is some proof from the officials who did it, and all the foo-faa would be over. My uneducated guess is that it isn't there. I hate to think that the government would lie to us...but I was alive in the 70s.

No comments: